INTERFAITH SECULAR KETUBAH TEXT
As labels go, "Interfaith" is broad, encompassing everyone from mostly secular, even atheist couples who come from different backgrounds, to deeply religious couples who are committed to different faiths. The "interfaith" label may be the only thing these couples have in common.
This text is meant for the mostly secular couple from different backgrounds or couples who may not agree on a religious stance. No "holy" or "God" language in this ketubah text in either the English or Hebrew.
If there is a line you don't like or something is missing, feel free to change this text or use your custom text with your order. Changes to couple's labels and signatures lines are included in the purchase price.
- Most ketubah designs will be satisfyingly legible with this text in Hebrew and English, even at the small sizes. Designs that have a recommended large size, can be ordered in medium.
- You may choose to have your names appear written phonetically in Hebrew without using ritual Hebrew names, or to have the Jewish partner use their Hebrew name and the nonJew use the phonetic option.
- Many ketubah designs have a quote that can be chosen, most of which are not specifically religious, but are either from the bible or Jewish tradition. If you prefer, you may choose a custom quote that aligns with your preferences.
- If you are blending families or have children already, you can add this line: "Our [son/daughter/children,] ________, join/s us as we celebrate our wedding and enter this new stage of our family life." It appears between "triumphs." and "Our home..." (please indicate if you would like it on your order form)
This ketubah witnesses before family and friends, gathered together in __________ that on _____ day of the week, the ____th day of the month____ in the year five thousand seven hundred and ________ on the Jewish calendar, corresponding to the _____ day of ____ in the year two thousand and ____, that [the groom/bride/beloved,] ________, [son/daughter/child of ________,] and [the groom/bride/beloved,] ________, [son/daughter/child of ________,] stood together to say these words and celebrate their wedding ceremony. [The bride and groom / brides / grooms / beloveds / They] declared:
"With these rings, we pledge ourselves in marriage according to the traditions of Moses and Israel. We promise to be equal partners, loving friends, and supportive companions. We value in each other and ourselves qualities of compassion and forgiveness, understanding and wisdom. Our love will provide us with the strength to be ourselves while cherishing the beauty of our differences. We promise to share in each other’s dreams while not forgetting our own. Because we cherish the closeness that allows us to express our innermost thoughts and feelings, we promise to give one another respect and trust. We promise to support and comfort each other in times of sorrow and to share our joys and triumphs. Our home is a place where all are welcome, and we fill it with laughter and play, understanding and trust, creativity and imagination, friendship and community, companionship and love."
________ and _________ then together declared before all present that they have signed their names to this ketubah of their own free will without reservation or restraint and they intend to be bound by these promises so long as they shall live.
Signature lines will match the designations chosen in your order form
Purchase the rights to any of the proprietary texts for a one-time use.
Whether you are a couple who found just the right words here and just the right art somewhere else or an artist who wants to make a ketubah for friends, you've come to the right place.
What you get:
- Your chosen text in Hebrew & English
- Plain or Rich Text Format so that you may format or copy it as you like.
- Your text will arrive as an email attachment that you can open in any text reader/word processing application.
Purchase 'Add Names & Dates' to have your text completed with the right information and/or to customize the text in Hebrew & English.