INTERFAITH RELIGIOUS KETUBAH TEXT
Designed to accommodate couples who come from different religious backgrounds who are spiritually monotheistic, agnostic, or committed to their own faiths.
This text includes language about God and the holy covenant of marriage, but in a neutral, nonspecific way. There is no statement of commitment to having a Jewish household or any agreement to religious participation.
- If you choose an 'English only' text, select a small size print of your ketubah design to avoid overly large fonts.
- Most ketubah designs will be satisfyingly legible with this text in Hebrew and English, even at the small sizes.
- Adding a quote in Hebrew & English to your text will help preserve the Jewish flavor of your ketubah without compromising on separate religious identities. You may choose from those listed on the order form, or any quote on any ketubah on my site, or request any other quote.
- If you are blending families or have children already, you can add this line: "Our [son/daughter/children,] ________, join/s us as we celebrate our wedding and enter this new stage of our family life." It appears between "triumphs." and "Our home..." (please indicate if you would like it on your order form)
This ketubah witnesses before God, family, and friends, that on _____ day of the week, the ____th day of the month____ in the year 577_, corresponding to _____ __, ___, that [the groom/bride/beloved,] ________, [son/daughter/child of ________,] and [the groom/bride/beloved,] ________, [son/daughter/child of ________,] stood under the wedding canopy in ______________ to enter the holy covenant of marriage. With love and reverence, [the groom and bride / the brides / the grooms / the beloveds / they] declared:
“With these rings we unite our hearts in tenderness and devotion. We will honor and respect each other, extending that respect to all that makes us who we are. As we share our lives, we will learn about each other’s heritage and beliefs and pass on the best of all that we are. We value in each other and ourselves qualities of compassion and forgiveness, understanding and wisdom. Our love will provide us with the strength to be ourselves while cherishing the beauty of our differences. We promise to share in each other’s dreams while not forgetting our own. Because we cherish the closeness that allows us to express our innermost thoughts and feelings, we promise to give one another respect and trust. We promise to support and comfort each other in times of sorrow and to share our joys and triumphs. Our home is a place where all are welcome, and we fill it with laughter and play, understanding and trust, creativity and imagination, friendship and community, companionship and love."
________ and _________ then together declared before God and all present that they have signed their names to this ketubah of their own free will without reservation or restraint and they intend to be bound by this holy covenant so long as they shall live.
Signature lines will match the designations chosen in your order form
Purchase the rights to any of the proprietary texts for a one-time use.
Whether you are a couple who found just the right words here and just the right art somewhere else or an artist who wants to make a ketubah for friends, you've come to the right place.
What you get:
- Your chosen text in Hebrew & English
- Plain or Rich Text Format so that you may format or copy it as you like.
- Your text will arrive as an email attachment that you can open in any text reader/word processing application.
Purchase 'Add Names & Dates' to have your text completed with the right information and/or to customize the text in Hebrew & English.